Wednesday, November 14, 2012

momstown hamilton: Mixing Business With Pleasure

Is mixing business with pleasure a bad idea? In my opinion, it is essential! Actually, this is a post about doing what you love, making your career your passion. We search the help wanted ads endlessly looking for the perfect work from home opportunity... and some of us actually find it! I did, in momstown! This weekend is the momstown National Business Conference and I tell you, it is the ultimate in mixing business with pleasure.

My career background is in advertising. I was an advertising communications planner for 13 years. What does that mean? I helped businesses identify the best way to reach their demographic, in precisely the right way at precisely the right time. I would build their media strategy and communications campaigns. Fantastic work, but frankly due to the heavy workload, overtime hours, and loooong commute, did not allow for a lot of flexibility regarding work/life balance and especially family.

Enter momstown. I found momstown as a member and fell in love. It provided me with a community and friends that I'd been missing as a result of being so career focused. I always like to say "I built a career, not a community". I loved it so much, that when the opportunity arose I stepped in as momstown Hamilton licensee. Now I focus everyday on building that community that I personally found so valuable and I get to do it while involving my family!


It's amazing to me that operating my momstown chapter is the perfect mix of business and pleasure! Firstly, I get to apply my business acumen to my own business: customer service, marketing, partnerships, financials, problem solving, etc. In addition to that I also get to help other businesses in the community achieve their communication goals by helping to provide creative experiential marketing programs to enable them to speak to one of the busiest hardest to reach demographics - the mom (aka The Family CEO). It is my distinct pleasure to do all of this while also having endless amounts of fun with our moms. We create programs and events for them that can't be found anywhere else in Hamilton!


Coming up this weekend is our National momstown business conference at Fern Resort. This is the climax of business & pleasure! Our momstown licensees will be gathering from across Canada to spend 4 days together.?We will enjoy a bit of pampering by the spa at Fern Resort and some fun moms' nights out! And that's in addition to enjoying the stunning vehicles we've been provided by Honda Canada to get the whole team there.

It will be an intense weekend of business planning, strategy, team building, and WORK.?

But it will also be a weekend full of fun & friendship, support, hugs, and much, much love!?


I am on pins and needles knowing that by the end of it we will be utterly exhausted but totally stoked and on fire to implement the next year of business in a way that not one of us could do if we were doing this alone. I look forward to writing my next post which will be about how the conference went and how we will roll out this amazing mix of business and pleasure to each of our communities in the coming year!

Source: http://momstown-hamilton.blogspot.com/2012/11/mixing-business-with-pleasure.html

obama speech amber rose kindle fire drew peterson Art Modell Frank Ocean Gay scarlett johansson

No comments:

Post a Comment